Jeffrey L. Fine, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Fine is a member of the Division of Breast and Gynecologic Pathology. He is also the Director, Subdivision of Advanced Imaging and Image Analysis (Pathology Informatics).
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
300 Halket Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-641-8561
Lab Website: http://pitt.edu/~jlf60
- MD - Ohio State University, 2000
- AP/CP Pathology Residency - Cleveland Clinic , 2005
- Pathology Informatics Fellowship - University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- Certificate, Biomedical Informatics - University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- Breast Pathology, including Breast Cancer prognostic testing
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Image Analysis
- Whole Slide Imaging
- Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Clinical applications of image analysis, including multispectral image analysis.
- Whole Slide Imaging, Telepathology, and Virtual Microscopy workflow.
- Automation of pathology workflow and laboratory information systems (LIS).
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 2005 (Voluntary Re-certificiation, 2013)
- Breast and Gynecologic Pathology; Pathology Informatics
Selected PublicationsView Dr. Fine's publications on PubMed
- Durkin JR, Fine JL, Sam H, Pugliano-Mauro M, Ho J. Imaging of Mohs Micrographic Surgery Sections Using Full-Field Optical Coherence Tomography: A Pilot Study. Dermatologic Surgery. Early View (online version ahead of print, Jan 16 2014).
- Sellaro TL, Filkins R, Hoffman C, Fine JL, Ho J, Parwani AV, Pantanowitz L, Montalto M. Relationship between magnification and resolution in digital pathology systems. J Pathol Inform. 2013 Aug 22;4:21.
- Yu J, Monaco SE, Onisko A, Bhargava R, Dabbs DJ, Cieply KM, Fine JL. A validation study of quantum dot multispectral imaging to evaluate hormone receptor status in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. Hum Pathol. 2013 Mar;44(3):394-401.
- Fine JL. Comment on "Modified full-field optical coherence tomography: A novel tool for rapid histology of fresh tissues". J Pathol Inform. 2011;2:28. [invited, peer-reviewed editorial]
- Fine JL, Kagemann L, Wollstein G, Ishikawa H, Schuman JS. Direct scanning of pathology specimens using spectral domain optical coherence tomography: a pilot study. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010; 41:S58-S64.
- Fine JL, Grzybicki DM, Silowash R, Ho J, Gilbertson JR, Anthony L, Wilson R, Parwani AV, Bastacky SI, Epstein JI, Jukic DM. Evaluation of Whole Slide Image Immunohistochemistry Interpretation in Challenging Prostate Needle Biopsies. Hum Pathol. 39(4):564-72. 2008. (Epub 2008 Jan 30).