Fiona E. Craig, MD
Professor of Pathology
Dr. Craig is a member of the Division of Hematopathology.
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Office Telephone: 412-647-5191
Lab Telephone: 412-864-6173
- MBBS - St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, 1985
- Diagnostic pathology with specialization in hematopathology
- Clinical flow cytometry
Research InterestsDr. Fiona Craig's research interests are centered on the use of flow cytometric immunophenotyping studies in the diagnosis of hematopoietic and lymphoid neoplasms. Recent and ongoing studies include identification of less well-recognized phenotypes that mimic aberrant antigen expression and use of advanced computational approaches to optimize analysis of flow cytometric data and assist in the identification of disease.
- American Board of Pathology – Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 1992
- American Board of Pathology – Hematology Pathology, 1995
Scientific Committees / Editorial Boards
- Editorial Board Member, Cytometry, Clinical Cytometry, Part B
- Vice President, International Clinical Cytometry Society, 2013 - 2015
Honors and AwardsProvost’s Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence (ACIE) Innovation in Education Award - 2012
- Jindal N, Yadav D, Passero C, Krasinskas A, Craig F, Bastacky S, Liang K. Membranous Nephropathy: A Rare Renal Manifestation of IgG4-related Systemic Disease. Clinical Nephrology 77(4):321-8; 2012.
- Roth CG, Dangott BJ, Harper T, Jon Duboy J, Craig FE, Parwani A. Construction and Implementation of a Comprehensive Hematopathology Virtual Teaching Set. Journal of Hematopathology, 5:297-304; 2012.
- Monaghan SA, Surti U, Doty K, Craig FE. Altered Neutrophil Maturation Patterns that Limit Identification of Myelodysplastic Syndromes. Cytometry Part B (Clinical Cytometry) 82B:217-228; 2012.
- Gradowski JF, Sargent RL, Craig FE, Cieply K, Fuhrer K, Sherer C, Swerdlow SH. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma with cyclin D1 positive proliferation centers do not have CCND1 translocations or gains and lack SOX11 expression. American Journal Clinical Pathology 138(1):132-9.2012.
- Rollins-Raval MA, Fisher J, and Craig FE. Monoclonal B Lymphocytosis versus Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: factors affecting implementation of an absolute threshold. Cytometry Part B (Clinical Cytometry) 84B:149-156; 2013.
- Roth CG, Garner K, Ten Eyck S, Boyiadzis M, Kane LP, and Craig FE. TIM3 Expression by Leukemic and Non-Leukemic Myeloblasts. Cytometry Part B (Clinical Cytometry) 84B:167-172; 2013.
- Aggarwal N, Fischer J, Swerdlow SH and Craig FE. Splenic lymphoid subsets with less well-recognized phenotypes mimic aberrant antigen expression. American Journal Clinical Pathology 140:787-794; 2013.
- Tomizawa Y, Yecies E, Craig FE, and Sohnen A. Peritoneal Tuberculosis in an Immunocompetent, Unknown Risk Patient. Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine [Jun 26 2013 Epub].
- Craig FE, Brinkman RR, Ten Eyke S, and Aghaeepour N. Computational Analysis Optimizes the Flow Cytometric Evaluation for Lymphoma Cytometry Part B (Clinical Cytometry) 86(1):18-24; 2014.
- Owosho AA, Bilodeau EA, Surti U, Craig FE. Large B-cell lymphoma of the base of tongue and oral cavity: A practical approach to identifying prognostically important subtypes. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology 118(3):338-47; 2014.
- Craig FE, McGee JB, Mahoney JF, Roth CG. The Virtual Pathology Instructor: a medical student teaching tool developed using patient simulator software. Human Pathology 45;1985-1994: 2014.